On 7/9/15 8:42 AM, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
Would there be any way to feature detect support for EventListenerOptions as
the third
argument?

Yes. You call addEventListener and pass an object that has getters for the properties you care about detecting. If those getters get invoked, the browser knows about those dictionary properties.

Also, I think that this would make good sense as part of DOM itself,

This spec requires changes to DOM anyway, because the spec as written is not valid IDL: It's creating two overloads that can both be called with two arguments. So we'll need to remove the "optional" annotation from the boolean arg that's already in DOM when we add this new overload. That doesn't seem like a problem.

-Boris