Thanks Andrei,

ANOTHER ISSUE: SocketTimeoutException (Amazon EC2, during AMI
installation? Not sure)

I resolved it by explicitly using (with Java 6 for Mac OS X), in a
Main.java (chackstyle will complain!)

public static void main(String... args) throws Exception {

    System.setProperty("sun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout", "60000");
    System.setProperty("sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout", "60000");

-Fuad