Hi,

A quick update on my attempts to get HBase working.

I have launched successfully clusters with:

 * standard HBase 0.90.3. I tried it on top of Cloudera Hadoop (the .tar.gz
dist), but it should work equally well with other HBase-supported builds.
See WHIRR-240 and the new hbase-ec2-090 recipe.
 * the CDH3u0 linux packages. See WHIRR-334.

I also added the ability to set hbase-site.xml properties from the cluster
configuration file (see WHIRR-339), similar as to how this is done for
Hadoop.

If anyone wants to give it a try without going through the trouble of
applying the patches, you can get my fork at https://github.com/bdumon/whirr

--
Bruno Dumon
Outerthought