Dear Pierre-Yves,

On 10/23/2017 06:27 PM, Pierre-Yves Strub wrote:
I'm trying to update EasyCrypt from Why3 0.87 to 0.88. Up to now, we
were using the Why3 API to run provers on a task that we create
programmatically. To start multiple provers in parallel, we were
running our home made machinery that was relying on PID.

are you referring to the process ID? Indeed, why3 doesn't necessarily spawn the prover process itself, so doesn't necessarily have access to the pid.

This API has
now been removed (if I understand well because running a prover does
not necessarily mean forking a new process in Why3 0.88).

 From the API documentation, it seems that I could now achieve the same
thing using the Strategy API. However, I failed understanding how the
API works. Could someone give me some pointers to which
modules/functions I should look at?

Were you previously using sessions? If not, you can just replace your pids by the "prover_call" type of call_provers.mli. The call_on_* functions of that file (and the more high-level ones of driver.mli) return immediately, so they are suitable for running provers in parallel.

--
Johannes Kanig, PhD
Senior Software Engineer