On 2018-04-12 19:12, Virgile Prevosto <virgile.prevo...@m4x.org> writes:

>> [conf-gtksourceview: pkg-config gtksourceview-2.0] Command started
>> + pkg-config "--short-errors" "--print-errors" "gtksourceview-2.0"
>> (CWD=/Users/wenlongxie/.opam/system/build/conf-gtksourceview.2)
>> [ERROR] The compilation of conf-gtksourceview failed at "pkg-config
>> --short-errors --print-errors gtksourceview-2.0".
>>
>> #=== ERROR while installing conf-gtksourceview.2
>> ==============================#
>> # opam-version 1.2.2
>> # os           darwin
>> # command      pkg-config --short-errors --print-errors gtksourceview-2.0
>> # path         /Users/wenlongxie/.opam/system/build/conf-gtksourceview.2
>> # compiler     system (4.06.1)
>> # exit-code    127
>
> Thanks for the update. As I was suspecting, it seems like pkg-config
> is not installed on your machine (under POSIX, 127 is the shell's
> error code when it does not find the executable it is asked to
> launch). It is quite surprising, as this is a fairly standard command
> for any gtk-based library, and I'd have thought that brew would have
> installed it together with the rest. Could you check whether there's a
> brew package called pkg-config or something similar and if yes,
> whether installing it through brew solve your issue? Otherwise, I'm
> afraid you'll need help from someone who actually has a Mac on which
> they can reproduce the issue.

I've had similar issues before, and I have this in my shell profile:

export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/X11/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

You could give it a try.

Best,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2018-03: 409.46, 2017-03: 407.18