Their site is now out of order, so I couldn't check it. I thought you
could supply a file pattern.

Anyhow, the check could also be a unit test, and the actual
checking/file scanner could be implemented in Wicket core (though it
is not a specific framework concern imo).

All sub projects could then implement the license check in their own
unit tests. Even the base test case could be inside the
'wicket.util.license' package:

protected abstract class ApacheLicenseTest extends TestCase {
   public void testJavaScript() {
        // do test
   }
   public void testCss() {
        // do test
   }
   public void testJava() {
        // do test
   }
   public void testHtml() {
        // do test
   }
   // etc.
}

Each project then only has to do (will automatically be picked up by
the testrunner):

public WicketApacheLicenseTest extends ApacheLicenseTest {
}

public WicketExtensionsApacheLicenseTest extends ApacheLicenseTest {
}

Martijn