yes, tracking is easy with our new event thing :)

get on it matej!

-igor

attach an onfocus event on all focusable components
then have a javascript variable in the page that gets that assigned

<input type="text" onfocus="lastfocuscomponent=this;MaybeAnAjaxCall">

then i prepend a script that uses that lastfocuscomponent variable to get
the focus back in.
Ofcourse the onFocus event should be cleared or ignored for one time if
there is an MaybeAnAjaxCall ...

so the tracking is pretty easy, it is the handling after that.

johan

On 2/19/07, Matej Knopp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> the question is, how exactly you want to track  the changing of focus?
>
> -Matej
>
> Johan Compagner wrote:
> > if i have an ajax behavior on a text field event: onfocus
> >
> > and i set the background and then add that component to the ajax event
> for
> > redraw
> > then i loose focus. Ofcourse there are ways to go around that..
> > for example i could just write the style tag out instead of the
complete
> > component.
> > But what when it gets a bit harder? (like a parent is altered and
> > rerendered)
> >
> > i could attach a behavior (onfocus) to all components and let them set
> > the last know focus component. And then append to every ajax call a
> script:
> > if (lastfocuscomponent) lastfocuscomponent.focus();
> > the problem with this is that this focus gained should be ignored if
> there
> > was an ajax focus
> > gained event that the server wants to receive , else you could have an
> > endless loop.
> >
> > Can't wicket do this for the developer?
> > so track the latest focus component when an ajax call is dispatched.
And