Definitely yes. I think it its important to preserve the original ID, because it might be reffered to from CSS.

-Matej

Eelco Hillenius wrote:
Ah, ok... now I get it.

Now that I think of it... DatePicker should use the id that is attached to the tag if there is one, and only generate one when there is none. Wouldn't that be a more elegant fix?

Eelco

Jan Bares wrote:

Hi Eelco,

(there was no discussion). The DatePicker changes id of the bound TextField. If the id is changed, <label for="idOfTextField"> will not work as expected. My patch is a new class build on top of DatePicker that modifies the label's for attribute. If you want I can merge that class into DatePicker class and
post the diff.

Jan

"Eelco Hillenius" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Jan,

I must have missed the discussion, but what exactly is wrong with the
current implementation of the datepicker? And could you please provide a
patch using CVS diff in the unified format? In Eclipse you can do this
by making the changes, right click -> team -> create patch -> etc.

Eelco