I am still +1 for a change that allows autolinks to work with other packages. Like 'admin/Home.html'.

Eelco

Juergen Donnerstag wrote:

Please be a bit more specific. The current [autolink] feature is
limited in that it is only able access subpackages (see javadoc
resolveAutolink) - kind of relative paths.
- How are we going to support absolute package-path? - I recall Jon talking about an alias map (Admin.html =>
administration/Home.html) to be set through AppSettings
- The currenlty implementation works with admin.Home.html. I propose
the new one will ONLY work with admin/Home.html ("." => "/")
- /admin/Home.html could solve the absolute Path problem. But I
propose to combine it with a rootPackage name configureable through
AppSettings. Like rootPath=wicket.myApp and href="/admin/Home.html"
leads to class name wicket.myApp.admin.Home
- May I suggest we make [autolink] depreciated first instead of
removing it as both approaches don't seem to contradict
- do you already have an idea on how to implement it? I guess it'll be
on Page level, right? I guess it'll have a cache to map found hrefs
with classnames. Stop: can not only be class name, what about images?
Are we going to treat *.html differently from everything else?
- will it support href in <head> like <link> as well?
- what about images which are referenced through hrefs. JSP apps use
something like "$contextPath/images/myimage.png". How will that fit
with the absolute href path mentioned above. How to know the resource
is in $contextPath or in /. And you need to know that in order to
create the correct URL.

I guess an example implementation can be developed without modifying
the core at all, as all you need is a subclass of Page, right? Just
replace the Response stream with a StringResponse, make your
modification and than write it in the original response. Bit like a
servlet filter.

Juergen