Hi

I posted a bug today regarding a DropdownChoice problem that popped up
in 0.9.19. I have looked further into it afterwards. One thing I notice
is that you guys sure have refactored a lot, just like Jonathan said
recently.
I think the reason that I ran into trouble was the fact that my model
object extends HibernateObjectModel which extends
wicket.contrib.data.model.PersistentObjectModel.

I managed to solve it like this:

private ValueModel dayModel = new ValueModel();

DropDownChoice startDayChoice = new DropDownChoice("startDay", dayModel,
days);
add(startDayChoice);

class ValueModel extends AbstractModel {
        private Object value;
        public Object getObject() {
                return value;
        }
        public void setObject(Object object) {
                value = object;

I think this is a little verbose, and I don't like the fact that I can't
treat DropDownChoices like other components. But as long as I was able
to solve it I am very happy. My application is also a mission critical
production system, and it has been running fine for a month now.

Kind regards, Jan