I saw this question (where did cdapp go) on one of the lists recently.

Cdapp was moved to wicket-stuff (http://wicket-stuff.sourceforge.net/) as part of the examples subproject. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to make a decent distrubution, so you won't find it in the file section. The CVS version works fine however. We (Martijn and I) will try to get a decent build for all of the wicket-stuff projects this weekend.

I think cdapp is a nice example to look at, as it is much more elaborate than the core examples (except for the display tag example). There's a bunch of trick's/ patterns in it you might find interesting to take a look at:

   * persistency using Hibernate
   * cooperation between search form, results label and results list view
   * pageable ListView with navigation
   * pageable list that only loads what is actually needed while acting
     as a real list
   * custom WebRequestCycle that sets up a Hibernate session for each
     request
   * base page that provides the business layer objects (CdDao) so that
     these objects can be constructed in an IoC like manner (CdDao
     doesn't have to know anything about the wicket/ the world and has
     its hibernate session provided).
   * Links attached to non-anchor (<a href...>) elements
   * clickable headers that sort the current results alternately
   * navigation from search to details and back again
   * reuse of edit page for new and existing persistent objects
   * uploading of images
   * automated thumbnail creation for display using ThumbnailImageResource
   * sized-to-fit popup that shows actual image and that closes on click
   * display of packaged image (questionmark.gif) when no image is coupled
   * (not really wicket related) automatic database creation using
     Hibernate

Regards,

Eelco

------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click _______________________________________________ Wicket-user mailing list Wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wicket-user