if you do / then it is the root of youre webapplication.
(just print out a log line of that root it should show you that)

johan

Geertjan Wielenga wrote:

So is this supposed to work in order to customize the lookup paths in 1.0:

   protected void init() {
String root = getWicketServlet().getServletContext().getRealPath("/");
       getSettings().addResourceFolder(root);
   }

It doesn't work for me. What does "/" refer to? The "web" folder? Or "web-inf"? Or something else?

-- Geertjan

Eelco Hillenius wrote:

Vince Marco wrote:

I never used that option myself before, but I tried it out and it worked
 like a baby.

 I wrote it down as a how-to in our Wiki. Please see:
 http://wicket.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Custom_resource_paths

Thank you very much. Hadn't thought to move the setting to init(). One note is that your example sets up a variable called webinf, but you are actually referring to the web root. It is a bit misleading as WEB-INF is not the web root.

Oops. Sorry about that. Fixed now.

Also, this example produces an exception when deployed as a .war (didn't check a folder) into JBoss 4.0.1. The exception I get is:

2005-05-30 15:49:22,920 ERROR [org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine] ----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI scheme is not "file"
        at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:324)
        at wicket.util.file.File.<init>(File.java:83)
        at wicket.util.file.Folder.<init>(Folder.java:75)
        at reverect.web.ReverectWebapp.init(ReverectWebapp.java:33)

Any suggestions?

*Big oops*. That's nasty. Seems that Wicket depends on java.io.File while it should use java.net.URL instead (that's also according to the Servlet specs). I am quite suprised this didn't show up any earlier.

I opened an issue for it with the highest priority (for 1.0) at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1211638&group_id=119783&atid=684975. I'm not sure how difficult it will be, but we'll try to fix this shortly.

Regards,