I know that people are furiously working on AJAX tools for Wicket, and I know there is some experimentatl stuff in the latest releases, but I'm wondering if there is something ready for what I think is a fairly simple need:

I would like to update a session variable from a JavaScript function. By the client's request, certain of the navigation is done with (unobtrusive, I'm glad to say) JavaScript. Basically there are tabs on certain pages which are switched via some simple JS. But now the client would like the tab choice to be sticky across the session. I do store this when the user submits the form on the page, but there are other links besides the form submit buttons, and when those are clicked, of course, tab choice changes are lost.

I was hoping to find a simple way in Wicket to submit a request that does not return much of anything, just processes data submitted by JS and updates the Session.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

  -- Scott