Can't you declare an instance variable in your own application specific session class and add getter/setter methods. I am not sure if this is the best solution. Please let me know if you find a better way for doing it.

Regards
Dipu
----- Original Message ----- From: "Timo Stamm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:48 PM
Subject: [Wicket-user] Where/how to store state information

Hi list,

I have created a navigation menu component and a menu model.

The menu component should show on every page of my application, so I derive all pages from a page class which creates and adds a menu instance.

The menu must remember which item is selected (the state is representable by a simple String).

Now I have the following problem: Where do I keep the state of the menu?

It seems obvious to use the session, but how? The Wicket Session class does not allow arbitrary attributes. I guess I could get the original HttpSession somehow, but I am sure that there is a better way.

Timo