On Oct 25, 2005, at 7:50 PM, Ryan Sonnek wrote:

Is the annotation really necessary?  can't you use spring's injection
by type?  There will only be one HelloWorldService defined in the
spring configuration.

That is a false assumption. As a concrete example, I have two 'PayPalButtonBuilder' beans in my context. And depending on the page that I am on I want to use one of them.

But, you mean Spring's autowiring, right? I'm not sure if it is even possible because this integration works the other way around. Spring has no idea that these Wicket pages are being created. I have an aspect on WebPage's constructor that looks wether one of the callee's fields has an annotation. Which is then looked up in the current bean context.

My setup is particular, but it works for me. Anyway, I'll share it asap :-)

 S.