I think having one page to do everything will not work quite right in wicket. Because what is the start markup then?
Everything?? Where does all the markup come from?
Or do you just have 1 page but 50 panels?

What you can do in youre 1.2 in youre situations is just use a panel (not a page) as a wrapper around youre component
I still don't get it where that component does get its markup from. It can't be from the page its markup. So is that component
always a panel with its own markup? (then you can render it stand alone)

johan

On 11/7/05, Janne Hietamäki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Juergen Donnerstag wrote:
>> Well, yes, I could add all those components to my Page, but that can be
>> few hundred Panels, and that sound like an overkill to construct.
>> Specially when probably only few of them will ever be rendered.
>>

> Not sure I understand your comment. Lets say you have a standard
> wicket application with lets say 50 pages and each of these pages
> contains a certain amount of Labels, Panels, Forms etc. You don't have
> to add any extra Component to the Page to be able to re-render
> components. It is all there already, except the URL which allows you
> to invoke render(Component). Are we talking about something different?
>
> Juergen

In the AJAX world there is not usually not 50 pages, there is usually
only one or sometimes few of them. It really sucks when I have to add
all the Components to the Page, even if only few of them will ever be
rendered (depending on the user actions). I'm using my AjaxWrapperPage
to be able to construct Components just-in-time, not when constructing
the (only) Page.

http://www.ajaxian.com/archives/2005/11/singlepage_vs_m.html

This whole thing works perfectly when I can force my AjaxWrapperPage to
go to a different PageMap.

--
Janne Hietamäki
Cemron Ltd