After rechecking the whole thread, I couldn't find out if this change got into the 1.1 release. Can somebdoy put some light onto this?

thanks a lot,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

#: Johan Compagner changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/27/2005
1:41 AM :#
Hi

I have written a replacement of OGNL when i test it with a very simple test
(The FormInput example)
then i see quite some improvements in cpu speedups and mem improvements

Around 40% speed increase for a submitting the forminput example page 20
times
and only 1/5 of the memory garbage is generated (50MB against 10MB)

The question is what do you guys use of ognl? Can i completely drop it or
must i make it an option so
that you can switch in youre application for all using ognl or the homebrew
wicket impl.
Or make seperate classes (like AbstractPropertyModel) but this is not really
doable because then all the
sub classes must also be copied...(Like CompoundXX)

What i do support now is this:

person.name <http://person.name> (plain properties)
person.addresses.0.street (addresses is a list and i take the first element)
person.addresses.homeaddress.street (addresses is map and i take the address
with the key 'homeaddress' out of it)

so maps and list are seen and the next part of the expression is then the
key or the index you can also put values in a map
or append/set to a list:

person.addresses.homeaddress = new Address()
person.addresses.10 = new Address()

if the list size is smaller then 10 then it will appends null to make it
that size.

addresses can also be an Array but then it won't be able to grow.

Ofcourse the person.address.street will just be null if address is null, no
exception will be thrown
if you try to set something on a null object a exception is still thrown,
Maybe we could make some null handlers for that somehow that are easy
useable.

So can people live with this? Does anybody uses something different of ognl?

johan