Hi Sam,

I find it unfortunate that you choose another framework, but at least you are moving away from MVC :-).

I really appreciate your comments on (the structure of) the documentation. If you have other comments, please provide them, as they will enable us to make Wicket the framework you would like to use ;-).

Let's face it, if Wicket is going to be taken seriously as as an
interface framework for J2EE apps, it is going to have to integrate
well with Spring and Hibernate, allowing a developer to extract
maximum benefit from those frameworks.

A true statement, and it already does :-), but we don't have lots of articles or books on the subject (yet).

  Of course, odds are very good
that it already does, but that is entirely NOT evident to a new user.

And we will be fixing this (sooner than later).

Establishing a best practices document not only gives new users a
starting point when starting a new project, but it assures them that
the integration they desire is readily available.

And folks, please don't neglect the value of solid documentation.

And we are working on that, thanks to you we know now that the structure should be improved, and that there should be some article on how to use Wicket with Hibernate, and Spring.

Don't be a stranger. You are not the only one taking a look at Wicket, but you are among the few that actually gave feedback. I find that very valuable. Thanks.

Martijn