>> == Scott Sauyet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> == Juergen Donnerstag <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks for the info, Juergen.

So my first question is why don't I get an exception when there is a
"wicket:id" attribute on the BODY tag and no corresponding Component on
the Page?

It all has to do with <wicket:head> and panels being able to
contribute <body onLoad="xxx"> attributes to the page. In order to
support that feature, a webmarkupcontainer is automatically created
and associated with the body tag of the page (in case of an exception,
on the exception page you can see a _body component being a child of
the Page). That happens always because wicket does not know upfront if
there will be a panel contributing to the body or not (That will only
change in wicket 2). The webmarkupcontainer however it usually
invisble, it delegates all events to his parent (the page).

Okay. I guess that makes sense; how often would people want to be messing directly with the body tag, anyway? Always causing problems, I am. Could someone point me to where in the source code this happens? I don't really know my way around Wicket internals yet, but I'd like to see this, and it's not in WebPage, which was my first guess.

                                                            The use
case where there is a wicket:id associated with the body is currently
not covered in the sources. Would you please open an RFI for it.

I'm not quite sure what to put in an RFE here. I don't particularly want to add a "wicket:id" to the body. If there is a way to retrieve the MarkupContainer being used for the body so that I can add an AttributeModifier to it, that would solve my problem. But I don't yet know if I already can do that.

My second question is whether there is an easy way to add or modify the
"class" attribute (or the "id" attribute) of the BODY tag?

I still would like to know if there is some other easier way of doing this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

  -- Scott