okay I'm kinda lost and I think i'm either doing somehting fundamentally wrong or missing something really stupid......

this is the error I get when i call someRequestCycle.request(myLabel) .... I studied the simplepageTest rerender calls, I created a ComponentRequestTarget, set the target, and tried a lot of other things...... i keep getting the session error.

10:52:51.477 WARN!! Exception for /dojo/app?path=2:link1&interface=ILinkListener java.lang.IllegalStateException: Internal Error: Page not attached to session.

the generated page is

<head>
<title>Error 500 Internal+Error%3A+Page+not+attached+to+session</title>
</head>
<h2>HTTP ERROR: 500 Internal+Error%3A+Page+not+attached+to+session</h2>

Eelco Hillenius wrote:

Yeah. I'm just saying that you /should/ work with request targets
instead of trying to render the component directly.

that is what RequestCycle.request(component) does (and how the
SimplePageTest works)