this was due to a new check we introduced. basically it would throw an error if you try to add a component that already had a parent set. this would help users catch errors in certain situtations, but obviously caused problems in others.

i changed it so now the component is removed from its previous parent before it is added to its new one instead of throwing an error if a parent was already set.

-Igor