Jesper Preuss wrote:
I would like to be able to separate the java code and the html layout.

So I choose where the html lies for each html page. This is because I
would be able to let a html designer make the html and a programmer to
make the code.

Is this possible or not?

Juergen pointed out a way to add an arbitrary directory to search for markup. That's often convenient, but I wanted something different. I like having the HTML and Java in the same folder at run-time, but I like to develop with them separate so that I can at any time send a zip of the HTML folder (including all images, javascript, and css) to the designer. Since my Wicket applications so far are quite simple, all the views are in a single Java package, which has made it quite simple.

I use the folder layout below and in my build script copy the HTML to the same directory as the class files and copy the image, js, and css directories to the root directory of the webapp. The designer gets the /src/html/com/example/view directory. This might not work for more complicated package structures, but it works well for me.

  -- Scott

- project
  + doc
  + etc