The constructor change is going to be disruptive enough that maybe
switching both at once wouldn't be so bad.  That'd mean only two
branches to maintain which would be a lot less work on you guys.  That'd
be my vote.  It sucks for those who can't upgrade to 1.5 yet, but you
have to make sure you're not making too much work for yourself.  And 3
branches could get ugly fast.

Eelco Hillenius wrote:
> Yeah, that would mean supporting 1.2 and 1.3 as branches. 2.0 would be
> HEAD. For us it would be way less work if we'd move to 1.2 directly.
> But that would probably be a bummer for people that don't want to make
> the move to JDK 5, but who do want to take advantage of the
> constructor change.
>
> Eelco
>
> On 2/16/06, Philip A. Chapman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Eelco Hillenius wrote:
>>> <SNIP>
>>> Only thing for us is that we have to support both 1.2 and 1.3.
>> Does that mean supporting 3 branches;  1.2, 1.3 and eventually 2.0?  Or
>> did you mean support 1.2 and 1.3 until 2.0 comes out; then supporting
>> 1.3 and 2.0?
>>
>> Just curious on how much I should pity the committers.
>> --
>> Philip A. Chapman
>>
>> Desktop and Web Application Development:
>> Java, .NET, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
>> Linux, Windows 2000, Windows XP

- --
Justin Lee