what does a choicerenderer have to do with a required validator?

johan

On 3/9/06, Bennett, Timothy (JIS - Applications) < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I wonder if mine are blowing up because I've added ChoiceRenderers...

From: Johan Compagner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:06 AM
To: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Wicket-user] Validation of SingleSelectChoice components

If you add a required validator to the radiochoice doesn't that work if you don't select anything?

A dropdown is can be tricky because there is most of the time a selection.
So if the value of that is "" then required should also work fine. And by default our nothing selected
values are "" so then the required check should work.

This area is changed in 1.2 now required is a formcomponent property and we really have 3 defined steps:

requiredCheck()
typeConversion()
valdiation()

So a validator now always have the real converted object  (getConvertedInput on FormComponent)

johan