yeah, implementing the Class getObjectType(). it is nasty if the model can hold different types, and it is only useful for a small subset of models.

if you really really really want the automatic typing why not do getModelObject().getClass() - prob wont work very well if you return a null, but you cant have everything :)

-Igor

Implementing the getObject method to return the proper type you mean?
Yeah, that wouldn't be the way to go. It would only be feasible  with
special models then, which would suck too. I guess I change my mind;
it's not worth the little extra convenience it might get you
sometimes.