that we also goed do but who is generating that manifest.mf?
And we are then depending on that a Package is made. And according to the spec a Package object doesn't have to be made.

johan

On 3/31/06, shumbola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Здравствуйте, Gwyn.

Вы писали 31 марта 2006 г., 3:57:26:

> I thought we were going to be reading this from the MANIFEST.MF in the
> wicket jar?

> /Gwyn

A while back I provided an example how one can read version and other
information from jar file's manifest.
IMHO, the version information should be taken from jar file this way,
and maven puts apropriate version info from pom.xml into manifest
file.

Here goes that example again:

     Class cls = Class.forName("wicket.Application");
     Package pkg = cls.getPackage();

     String name = pkg.getName();

     String implTitle   = pkg.getImplementationTitle();
     String implVendor  = pkg.getImplementationVendor();
     String implVersion = pkg.getImplementationVersion();

What is wrong with this aproach if any?

--
Regards,
shumbola                          mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]