Of course this happens while debugging too and can drive you nuts until you realize you've goofed.

Since I use MyEclipse...I like to use println statements occasionally and just watch them roll by in the Console panel...you could do this w/ Netbeans or any other IDE, I'm sure.  That is - if you're actually *using* an IDE.