I can't speak for Igor - though we have talked about that too - but
for my opion see e.g.
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=39579#204913

Basically, I think continuations are a smart idea, and they might be
useful for wizard/ flow type applications. That said, I also think
they are very procedural, whereas Wicket tries to be the object
oriented framework of the bunch. Thus in that respect I think it
wouldn't be a match for Wicket. Rife does seem to do some smart
optimizations, (though imo, your 'code beauty' suffers from that), but
mind you that Wicket allows for very fancy state optimizations as
well.

So, I'm not pro continuations in Wicket at this point, except for the
ajax optimization with Jetty, which will probably be implemented
transparently. However, if other people do think it is a useful
addition, I think most or all of the core comitters would welcome such
a project as a wicket-stuff project. Geert has done the extra effort
of ensuring his continutation API can be used without RIFE, so that's
certainly an option (I think, because I never seriously thought about
how this would/ should be integrated in Wicket).

My 2c,

Eelco