Yep, YUI has no future in core, at least not in the short term. I
couldn't find enough time to properly build/ support it.

Josua Lim and I moved the YUI code out of extensions into
wicket-contrib-yui and wicket-contrib-yui-examples (wicket-stuff)
where it will hopefully grow into a useful library. I think Joshua
build in decent support for the slider (though not yet complete), but
that Calendar is still pretty raw.

If you are interested in contributing to this project, please let me know.

Eelco