Yeah there's just no perfect world as long as browsers work the way
they work. The big, really big advantage of client state saving is
that there is no limit to history. You can work with internal links
everywhere without ever having to worry they'll get stale. I found
this an ugly limitation of keeping server state currently; if you want
to create tabs etc, you generally have to use bookmarkable page links
as otherwise you might run into the trouble of running out of
versions.

as always igor can say it so much better then i can :)

But ajax and clientside state really isn't the best combination to have.
Because for every request the page state must be sent over and sent back.

johan