so nothing will break if message is null?

i dont know about the level. i dont think we have any code that depends on the level being one of the built in ones, but that is not to say we wont. this was an internal object whose integrity we could guarantee, now we cant so we have to be more careful with whats allowed and what is not.

-Igor

I removed that. What's the point of checking whether it's one of the
available message levels, when that is something users might decide to
tweak themselves? I don't see any potential mis-use comming from that
which would make Wicket harder to maintain or users digging their own
holes to fall in.