The dojo.js library is a product under very high construction. Our full time students had a really hard time of working with it. This makes is very hard to actually implement anything stable. The students have now joined our company, but we put a lot of work on their shoulders so that they can't contribute anymore.

I heard someone volunteering to pick the pieces up (don't remember who), so if anyone wants to get his/her hands dirty on supporting an open source project, now is your chance.

The wicket stuff project has been created to allow anyone to contribute to wicket, and support those packages the core developers don't have time for. Dojo, scriptaculous and such are those packages.

Martijn