I marked everything w/ bold comments in the reply I just sent
regarding the hierarchy problem I'm having.

gridview doesnt take an IModel, it takes an IDataProvider which is like a
more specific IModel.

 what does your detachable model look like? i can h\elp you translate it to
dataprovider.

 -Igor

On 5/22/06, VGJ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ha!  I feel like I'm going around in circles w/ my questions, sorry for
that.  More importantly, I suppose, is; If I pass an IModel instead of a
List, how do I get the List<Product> from the IModel to implement the
methods in the IDataProvider derived class?

> I had asked this once before but it was in the context of a single page -
I had asked how to get my original object out of the model for use in the
page and I was told to use setModel(myDetachedModel) and then cast
getModelObject() throughout the page to what I wanted.  This, however, is a
different scenario.

> On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 10:02 -0700, Igor Vaynberg wrote:
>

> On 5/22/06, VGJ < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Ok, this makes more sense than the example in wicket-examples.  However,
what if the List I'm passing in is actually wrapped in a
LoadableDetachableModel?

> that should be ok because dataview will check if the idataprovider impl
you passed in also implements IDetachable and call detach on it at the end
of request.