Dear Martijn, dear wicket users,

I think that Wicket is still such a young project that a major API-Change, like
the one you suggest for constructors, is still possible. I don't believe that
such really big projects are already realized with wicket that an API-Change
would drop them. And if this leads to a better JavaScript/Ajax integration I
think it's necessary.

And to your second question for votes: We do not need Java 1.4 support any
longer.

To summarize my opinion: I think now is the right time for essential changes.
There is enough experience with wicket, it's advantages and it's limitations.
If we go further with this limitations, a lot of workarounds and strange
constructs will appear. And if, after some time, the wicket API needs to be
modified in the future it will be much more a problem than now.

I want to thank you all for the time you spend on wicket and on answering
questins in this mailing list.

Stefan Lindner

<<winmail.dat>>