Again, I did this at home on my Gentoo box in a separate project...and
got the same result.

My log4j.properties:

logger.wicket.protocol.http=INFO

The exception stack:

wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Internal error cloning object. Make sure
all dependent objects implement Serializable. Class:
com.zambizzi.finances.ui.UserSession
        at
wicket.protocol.http.HttpSessionStore.setAttribute(HttpSessionStore.java:62)
        at wicket.Session.setAttribute(Session.java:914)
        at wicket.Session.update(Session.java:938)
        at wicket.protocol.http.WebSession.update(WebSession.java:116)
        at wicket.RequestCycle.detach(RequestCycle.java:818)
        at wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1052)
        at wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:453)
        at wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet.doGet(WicketServlet.java:215)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(ApplicationFilterChain.java:397)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:278)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:536)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:240)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:179)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:566)
        at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:73)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:182)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:566)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.web.VirtualServerPipeline.invoke(VirtualServerPipeline.java:120)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:939)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:137)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:536)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:939)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:231)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.ProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(ProcessorTask.java:667)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.ProcessorTask.processNonBlocked(ProcessorTask.java:574)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.ProcessorTask.process(ProcessorTask.java:844)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.ReadTask.executeProcessorTask(ReadTask.java:287)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.ReadTask.doTask(ReadTask.java:212)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.TaskBase.run(TaskBase.java:252)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:75)
Caused by: java.io.NotSerializableException:
com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelegate
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1081)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1375)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1347)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1290)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1079)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1375)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1347)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1290)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1079)
        at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:302)
        at
wicket.protocol.http.HttpSessionStore.setAttribute(HttpSessionStore.java:56)
        ... 33 more

If I make a reference to the SFSB and do *not* place it into Wicket's
session state - there are no problems (but of course this is useless)...

What else can I do?  This is a real jam for me as my boss has expressed
interest in replacing JBoss w/ Glassfish and the one EJB3 app we've
written so far makes heavy use of a single SFSB.

Thanks again!