Hello,

It is not necessary in from 1.2 on to pre-register shared resources.
The big reason to loose that requirement - besides convenience - is
the constant classloader headache pre-registering gave us.
Unfortunately, there is no rock-solid mechanism to get all the
contents of a package in Java, just the hacks we had in place (and
they turned out to be not proof to all situations).

Contributing multiple resources used the same package listing
algorithm, and thus was a potential source of problems. I considered
whether it was worth having it, but thought that, even though it is
handy sometimes to contribute all .css or .js or whatever resources in
package, it should be usually fine to do this one-by-one too. I expect
not many users wanting to contribute more than just a few resources.

The newly preferred way is thus to call

add(HeaderContributor.forCss(MyComp.class, "foo.css"));
add(HeaderContributor.forCss(MyComp.class, "bar.css"));

instead of

add(HeaderContributor.forCss(MyComp.class));

Eelco