I don't have an IDE here (visiting family, using another laptop) but
from the top of my head, Include does not try to do any of the
interpretation of xml headers such as Wicket tries to do with markup
files. If you need such a thing, a patch is welcome for that (though
probably not very easy), or Include could be patched such that it has
a parameter that will force reading any include in a fixed charset.

Eelco