Where do you store which user is currently selected? In the
wicket-examples project, there are several examples of how you could
do this, e.g. the library example. And maybe wicket-auth-roles might
give you some ideas too.

Do you maybe use a static reference to your user? A singleton that
stores user data? Typically you wouldn't have to worry about thread
safety with Wicket.

Eelco