Hi,
AFAIK, there are three ways of implementing application transactions,
lazy loading, etc. stuff  with Wicket & Hibernate :
1 - The hard way, where you pass object ids, and load & save them in
each request cycle using a new session
2 - The detached object way, where you attach the old objects in each
request cycle to a new session
3 - Using long sessions, where you keep a session during multiple
requests and finally close when the unit of work is finished

What I've seen in the examples & wicket-phonebook is mostly number 1.
However, as soon as you start working like 2 or 3, problems start.
Things seem to get too complicated in these two scenarios(Actually I'm
starting to think , despite its disadvantages, number 1 is better for a
component web framework).
I would like to know if anybody has been working on these or has come up
with a convenient solution to the problems arising here.

Iman