I appreciate it Frank, however I'm not familiar w/ DataTable or the
SortableDataProvider - this is my first run.  Really what I need is to
see sorting working and I haven't even gotten that far.

I'd be willing to take a look....it might be easier to see it working
w/ plain JDBC to get a view of this w/ a different perspective, if
anything.

Thanks!