all you have to do is pass the reference of the old page to the new page

class ListUsersPage extends Webpage {
    add(new Link("edit") {
        onclick() {
           setResponsePage(new EditUserPage( ListUsersPage.this, (User)getModelObject()));
        }
}

class EditUserPage extends WebPage {
    public EditUserPage(final WebPage backPage, User user) {
            Form form;

            add(form=new Form("form", ));
            form.add(new Button("save") {
                    onsubmit() {
                         //save user
                         setResponsePage(backPage); <=== navigates to the list users page in its previous state
                 });}}

hope this helps
-Igor