On Monday, 17 July 2006 08:21 pm, Aaron Hiniker escreveu:
> Yes, a List implement that filters on the fly would avoid the copy, but

        I am not sure if you are talking the Collections api list, but if you
are
then the Glazedlists stuff provides an implementation of the Collections api
list which filters on the fly.  It's really wonderful stuff.   They do
filters, transformations. sorting, unique - all on the fly so that if the
underlying list changes, the derived lists all automatically update too.
Very, very good stuff.