my primary concern is making it easy for our users.

we are not talking about just wicket: we are talking about wicket:i18n: and wicket:packaged: prefixes - what do you really think the odds are with a user collission?

i agree that it is not as clean/safe as a separate attribute, but it is quicker/easier to read.

but i think we will walk in circles on this one so lets agree to disagree.

the nice thing about wicket is that markup loading is pluggable, so i can write a filter that uses my scheme, and you can write a filter that uses yours. we make both of them available, and the users can choose which one they want to add :)

-Igor

On 8/3/06, Jean-Baptiste Quenot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* Igor Vaynberg:

> well..this  is what  it would  be...checking every  attribute of
> every tag. this will be done only once when the markup is loaded
> into the cache so there wont be a performance hit.

Attribute values  are arbitrary  strings.  I wouldn't  parse that.
What if I put wicket:something on purpose?  I don't expect a weird
exception to be throwed.

Attribute names on the contrary  are normalized and you can safely
add new constructs, as allowed by XML namespaces.
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana Qwerty