Mais be I do not fully understand your need, but a static progress bar
can be made very easily in HTML by just creating a rectangular div of
the width you want to represent 100%, with for example a black border
and a white background.

Inside that div, you put another one with colored background and a width
equal to x%.

You can use an attribute modifier to set x.

If you want to make this progress bar dynamic, you can use ajax to make
a call to the server and adjust x on a regular basis.

This is the simplest static progress bar I can think of.

Hope this help,

Pierre-Yves