Ok.  I finally got the new version uploaded.  My host was having some
issues last night.  Qwicket now supports basic bean definitions in the
UI. The CRUD pages still aren't there, but the requisite services and
DAOs are as well as the spring configurations. The spring setup and
project layout have changed a fair bit in this release. What was being
done with ant filters has been changed to use spring property
replacement. Customization of these property values are now stored in
src/conf/application-override.properties with the defaults in
src/conf/application.properties.

This release introduces Users into Qwicket itself. You can now save your
project and return to it at a later date. You can still work
anonymously, though, if you prefer. This release should be pretty solid
but it was little rushed to finish before I present at the Denver JUG on
the 9th so if you see something, please fill out a bug report using the
link in the menu on the left.

Md Mozammel Haque wrote:
> Thanks Igor! After manually adding most of the required jar files, and
> fixing/changing several jar files (for versioning issues), I am able to
> run my first qwicket webapp. It took quite an effort, though it was
> worth it. On my way to explore it to more detail...
>
> - Mozammel
>
> On 8/7/06, *Igor Vaynberg* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     the problem is that some jars provided by sun are not allowed to be
>     redistributed. in this case javax.mail is the problem. you have to go
>     and manually download the file from sun and put it into your local
>     repo.
>
>     if you try to run qwicket's maven build and then look under your maven
>     repo you will see a folder javax/mail/mail/1.3.3. inside this folder
>     you will see mail-1.3.3.pom but no jar - because it is only available
>     from sun. inside the pom is a url to go download this file, once you
>     download it rename the jar to mail-1.3.3.jar and put it into that
>     folder.
>
>     run the maven build again and you should be good to go. notice you
>     might have to repeat this procedure for other dependencies that are
>     only available from sun.
>
>     but once you install them you wont have this problem anymore so its a
>     one time deal.
>
>     -Igor
>

>     On 8/6/06, Md Mozammel Haque < [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>     > Yes, I also tried to run it but fell into same problem. Can you please
>     > explain little more regarding "massage your maven repository"? Or,
>     the
>     > documentation/script that you are developing may be real helpful
>     for running
>     > qwicket apps out of the box.
>     >
>     > - Mozammel
>     >
>     >
>     > On 8/6/06, Justin Lee < [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
> It does run out of the box, but you do need to massage your maven
> repository first.  I'm working on some documentation and a
>>     script to
> help do that as simply as possible.  The problem is that sun
>>     restricts
> the distribution of their jar files so that they can't be bundled.
>
> Michael Welter wrote:
>> I used the qwicket web page to generate a skeleton
>>     project.  When I
>> compiled, it was unable to get the jar files.  I added the jars
>>     > manually.
>
>> When I move the war file to Tomcat and try to bring up the
>>     first page, I
>> get 404 not found.
>
>> Will the skeleton project run out of the box (at least the
> [...]
Join SourceForge.net 's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance
>     to share
>     > your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and
>     earn cash
>     > >
>     >
>     http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
>
> <http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV>
>     > >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
>     > Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to
>     share your
>     > opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn
>     cash
>     >
>     http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
>
> <http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV>
>     >
>     > Wicket-user mailing list
>     > Wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
>     <mailto:Wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
>     >
>     >
>     >

>     Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
>     Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to
>     share your
>     opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
>     http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
>
> <http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV>

> --
> Md Mozammel Haque