I am getting errors like these:

ERROR: Component with id [[dataView_modalPanel_placeHolder_panel_modalPanel_shippingRatesGroupForm_sourceCodes_choices]] a was not found while trying to perform markup update. Make sure you called component.setOutputMarkupId(true) on the component whose markup you are trying to update.

I have set the setOutputMarkupId to true to this component. And in the rendered markup, I can see the ID rendered as:
id="2:dataView:modalPanel:placeHolder:panel:modalPanel:shippingRatesGroupForm:sourceCodes:choices"

What could I be doing wrong here?