Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Im Auftrag von Johan Compagner
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. August 2006 11:39
An: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [Wicket-user] Performance/Scalability tips

I also stress tested the examples quite a lot.

Which part did you test that you get an out of memory? And how much memory did you give your server?

Memory usage can be cut down in several ways:

1> use for heavy hit pages stateless pages (in 1.2 just use bookmarkable links and no forms on it), in 2.0 you have much more choices for working stateless.
2> For none stateless pages, do use detachable models. Make sure that you don't hold large (db) objects in your pages when they are serialized to the http session.
3> Tweak how many of those pages should be in memory. (this depends on how far you want to go with the back button support)
       in 2.0 we have a different session store that only keeps 1 page in mem. And the rest is cached and stored to disk.

johan