-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott
Swank
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:36 AM
To: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Wicket-user] Discussing Wicket

We have two applications that are largely the same.  However, (along
with some minor variations between them) they have completely different
authentication strategies.  The "call center" version entails logging in
once at the start, while the "retail" version entails authenticating
yourself every time a purchase is made.  While I don't have this working
yet --largely due to the fact that I'm still figuring out how Wicket's
authentication model works.  I am however thoroughly confident that the
approach Wicket takes will make this far easier to implement than is has
been in our legacy apps.

For an article-length review of the advantages of an OO web framework, I
really like a shopping cart style app that sells at least two
substantially distinct products.  Maybe something like...

main page

> tabbed panel
> > product A panel (extends abstract product panel, which contains a
> > date picker and a list view of abstract product) -- this panel adds
> > the product A item to the abstract product panel's list view product

> > B panel (extends product panel) -- add product B

> shopping cart contains a list view of abstract product
> > add product A or product B

Initially there could just be html for the AbstractProductPanel, however
then html could be added for the ProductAPanel to restructure its
layout.

Or is that simply too much for an article?

On 8/9/06, Frank Silbermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You don't _need_ to know / use OO to program in Java or C++, but at
> least they _allow_ you to use OO in your programs.  With all the
> reading I've done on JSF, I still don't have a clue as to the way
> someone who _wanted_ to use OO in structuring the presentation layer
could do so.

Scott Swank
reformed mathematician

-