> If you want this kind of behaviour you can do it in a common base page and
> then
> in the method onAfterRender() of the page.
hmm, I'll give that a try, but the custom WebRequestCycle feels just
right for this kind of strategy, especially because it''s easy to tie
in the rollback on errors via onRuntimeException. I could also use a
servlet filter for that but that makes the error handling even more
difficult and also applies to resources...

have you taken a look at how databinder does it?