hmm that does seem weird.
Strange thing is that we don't do it for the onclick .. only for the href attribute..

that comment is in my code at another place

it is this:
 // generate the href attribute
 tag.put("href", Strings.replaceAll(url, "&", "&"));

and

// or generate an onclick JS handler directly
tag.put("onclick", "location.href='';");

johan